Ellen's Restaurants

L.A. Is My Beat - The Restaurants of Los Angeles as I experience them

Friday, April 04, 2008

The Oinkster

Last weekend we went to The Oinkster in Eagle Rock for lunch. This location was a hamburger stand for years. It's been spiffed up, painted and landscaped. The interior is clean and efficient. The menu is small, the service is good. We ordered two sandwiches, house-cured pastrami and pulled pork, along with a side of Belgian fries (served with garlic sauce) and some Oinksterade. Everything was yummy. HOWEVER, when it comes to pastrami, I prefer the lean Langer's version over the Oinkster's. The pulled pork sandwich was REALLLLLY good! It had carmelized onions and bits of purple cabbage on the soft, dipped roll. I think the fries were double-fried! Yikes! Lunch was a heart-attack in a basket, but it sure was delicious.
The Oinkster
2005 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock
323/255-OINK

7 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Awwww, HEYAAALLLLLL, that looks good!! And I don't even eat meat.

 
At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmm...that place looks great. Thanks for the tip!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger carlita dee said...

You said enough with "garlic sauce."

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

We've got a swap meet in Eagle Rock tomorrow at the crack of dawn...if we sell most of our junk I may suggest the Oinkster for lunch. Mmmmmm Double Fried.

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Kath said...

Goodbye arteries my old friend. (But it looks like it'd be so worth it!)

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I was there a few weeks ago... learned from the veg friends I was eating with that you have to ask specially for "veggie fries." If you don't specify this, I'm not sure what exactly you're getting... but the veggie fries were certainly delicious! Just regular fries, but maybe without some meat broth (at least that's what's my friends told me, I didn't ask) The veggie burger was pretty good too. Not sure if it's vegan or not. In some situations, ignorance is bliss.

 
At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I always gain at least a pound when reading here?

*sigh*

I LOVE the name of that place!
.
~~Bratfink

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery