Ellen's Restaurants

L.A. Is My Beat - The Restaurants of Los Angeles as I experience them

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Blue Marlin

On Saturday I treated my good friend, Beth to a belated b-day lunch at the Blue Marlin on Sawtelle Ave. in West L.A. Beth and I are the same age, so I know exactly what she's going through. Getting older is difficult work, but at least we get to go out to lunch!
The Blue Marlin is in a large mini-mall on Sawtelle Ave., just north of Olympic on the west side of the street. I had been there a year earlier with Regina and her daughter, Lena. At that time, we had rissoto and various teriyaki dishes.
For this visit, I read a few of the local food blogs before we went. The fusion Japanese/Italian pastas were recommended as was the hamburger steak, called "hamburg."
Salad and Miso Soup
Miso Salmon

Hamburg Steak
Beth has the Miso Salmon and I had the Hamburg Steak. Both were served with Miso Soup and a delicious salad with a carrot, sesame dressing. I would definitely return to the Blue Marlin. Everything was fresh, beautifully served and delicious.

Cream Puffs from Beard Papa
After lunch we walked about and looked in a few shops, especially the Asahiya Japanese Book and Magazine shop in the mini-mall across the street. We couldn't walk thru that mini-mall without a stop at Beard Papa for a birthday cream puff. It was a delightful afternoon.

Seen on Sawtelle AvenueDon't you want a credit card with a tomato on it? I do!
Blue Marlin Restaurant
2121 Sawtelle Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 445-2522
Beard Papa
2130 Sawtelle Blvd. Suite #110, Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 479-6665

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM , Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

Mmmm.... Beard Papa! I love that place, though I have to confess, I'm so boring - the plain vanilla ones do it for me every time.

Have you been to Hurry Curry yet? I really love that place - I think it's better than Curry House

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Sara said...

Tomato Bank? Sign me up! Nothing convinces me that your institution will handle my money in a smart way than placing a vegetable in your name!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery