Ellen's Restaurants

L.A. Is My Beat - The Restaurants of Los Angeles as I experience them

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bloom Cafe

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bloom Cafe - Pico Blvd. @ Sierra Bonita, Mid-City

Last week we went to the Bloom Cafe right in our own neighborhood! No, the cafe is not named after my family. In fact, I haven't quizzed the owner yet about the name. I do love seeing my name in green neon lights on Pico Blvd. Bloom Cafe is open for breakfast and lunch only.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Soon, a take-out pizza shop, Bloom Take Out, will open next door to the cafe. I'm sure the take-out will have evening hours. Mr. Larry and I went for breakfast. He had the waffles. I had 2 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, turkey sausage and 2 pancakes. Both the waffles and pancakes were made from a very delicate batter, laced with an orange flavor....delish! The eggs were scrambled perfectly. Larry loved his latte'.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was busy on a Saturday morning, but not too crowded. There are tables inside and in front of the Cafe on the sidewalk. The decor is minimalist, soothing colors, but with all hard surfaces. So, when there are only a few people inside the cafe, the sound of their voices, coupled with the sound of the kitchen can make for quite a clatter. Next time, weather permitting, we'll sit outside for a more soothing experience.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mr. Larry zoomed over to the Bloom Cafe for lunch last week with a friend. He had a hamburger that he said was excellent. We are so happy to have a nice little cafe just a few blocks from our house. It's a great improvement upon the many car-repair and autobody shops in the area. Wilshire Vista is finally coming around. Yayyy!

ADDENDUM - December 10, 2006: We returned to Bloom Cafe today for breakfast and had lemon pancakes and the poached eggs on crostini with crumbled hickory smoked bacon, tomatoes, feta cheese, potatoes and greens. Everything was excellent!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM , Blogger carlita dee said...

Obviously, this was meant to be.

You've sold me. I'm going.

 
At 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in the neigborhood too. I have been to Bloom three times so far. The food is really amazing. The service is really slow, maybe they are just figuring out what to do with their sudden popularity. So, if you are in a hurry, order take out and sit at one of those indoor tables in the take out side.

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger v said...

This is my kind of place. The food is always amazing, did you know it is all organic? The service is a little slow...but they are French. What do you expect? -wink- I just come with a newspaper, hang out and the food comes when it comes. That does not bother me at all. I live a few blocks away and have become a regular. I go about 3x a week. The waiters all know me by name now. So friendly. PS- My favorite breakfast item is the Huevos Rancheros. I wish I could describe it here for you guys, but since I'm not a food writer, I would not do it justice. Suffice it to say I have never had better.

 
At 1:00 AM , Blogger v said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that Bloom is now open for dinner. They also have local delivery after 5pm, but I recommend only ordering their gourmet pizzas for delivery. The other items are rather delicate and probably would not travel too well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery