Ellen's Restaurants

L.A. Is My Beat - The Restaurants of Los Angeles as I experience them

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Capitol Burgers

I read about this place on Cafe LA LA. I drive by this hamburger stand all the time...it's about 8 minutes from our house. I've always wondered about the architecture and the name. Capitol Burgers, with picture of a capitol building on the sign....however, the building looks kind of tiki-style, Asian, with an upturned roofline. Maybe it was a tiki-shack in it's early days and then turned all constitutional on us?

Anyway, the dude at Cafe LA LA liked this place way more than I did. I thought the burger was OK, not as tasty as Rae's in Santa Monica or Phil's Deli at the Farmers Market. The chocolate shake was good. The fries were crispy and yummy.I know that hamburger shacks along my section of Pico can look kinda' scary. This one wins the prize. The wooden tables were riddled with splinters. The benches were sawed off and crooked. The one plastic table was really dirty. I can overlook all that stuff if the food is amazing. It really wasn't. I might go back for the shake and fries, but that's it.
Capitol Burgers
4301 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019
(323) 936-0366

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

We have lots of places just like Capitol Burgers near my house. Some are good, some are just really bad.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 6:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of architecture as collage––the overlayering of different business identities, on the same structure.

Your blog is happenin'! The creative scene seems much more bouyant right now. Here in NY, folks are taking themselves WAY too seriously. Time for me to come out, for a week break!

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey Sahara...thanks for the blog-compliments! LA has always been a happenin' place. Come on our for a visit!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery