Ellen's Restaurants

L.A. Is My Beat - The Restaurants of Los Angeles as I experience them

Monday, May 21, 2007

Miyako

Mini-Mall @ Venice & Clarington, Palms
Eating in mini-malls. It's what we do in Los Angeles. Some of the best food in the City can be found in mini-malls. The architecture and ambiance of the basic mini-mall may be uninspiring, but remember, YOU CAN'T EAT ATMOSPHERE.

Miyako is one of our favorite Japanese restaurants on the Westside. It's in a mini-mall on Venice Blvd. and Clarington, just east of Motor in Palms. We usually order the Udon noodles, either with chicken or shrimp. I've had the tempura, teriyaki chicken and various sushi. The Udon is the best. The noodles are large, spongy and comforting. The broth is excellent. We each ordered the chicken Udon on Friday and the chicken tasted char-broiled...yum. We also ordered a shrimp California roll as an appetizer.

Chicken Udon

Shrimp Calfornia Roll

They've recently remodeled and updated the interior. Miyako is very pleasant, reasonable, tasty and has excellent service.

Miyako
10020 Venice Blvd., Palms

7 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Blogger WineGrrl said...

Yum!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

and right near my house!

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

We eat there all the time! It's right near my house. :-) The chicken udon is one of my favorites as well.

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger mary said...

Japanese noodle houses are one of my absolute favorites. If you're ever in Van Nuys, check out Kyushu Ramen on Victory or Vanowen off of Sepulveda.

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

Looks good.. now is this the same place you posted about earlier where you had a good looking bento lunch combination?

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Hannah,
Thanks for the comment. The bento box lunch that I had was at Kaido, in Santa Monica...also a lovely restaurant!

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger jenna! said...

If I'm thinking of the right mini-mall, isn't Giovanni's in the same strip? If you haven't tried it, you should. Decent Italian food, good price and you bring your own wine...quite cute.

But I'll definately try Miyako...love me my noodles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery