Ellen's Restaurants

L.A. Is My Beat - The Restaurants of Los Angeles as I experience them

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Beard Papa

Plain Creampuffs

Ooooooo...the other day we had an office birthday party. This is a regular occurence at my place of business, making it almost impossible to watch calories!!

Sometimes we have cupcakes from Buttercake Bakery, Sprinkles or the Bluebird Cafe. Sometimes we have cakes from Sweet Lady Jane's. Sometimes we have cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Yesterday, the birthday girl took my suggestion and ordered the most delectable cream puffs from Beard Papa. You can read about the Beard Papa story here.

I visited the Beard Papa shop in Hollywood about a year ago. I was blown away by the freshness of the creampuffs. It is a pain in the neck, however to park at Hollywood and Highland just to have a creampuff. There is a location on Sawtelle Blvd. now.....close enough to our office!

Chocolate Covered Creampuffs


The Ravenous B-Day Girl Chowin' Down on the C-Puff

The creampuffs are so fresh, they fill the shells with custard while you wait. We had plain and chocolate. The chocolate iced ones were good, but it was a shame to ruin the simplicity of the original plain creampuff. The custard is so rich and creamy......double yum.

Beard Papa, Sawtelle Store, 2130 Sawtelle Blvd. Suite #110, Los Angeles, CA 90025, (310) 479-6665

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger Yarnartist said...

Oh, those look good! I've been doing Nutrisystem for 22 days (but who's counting) and have only lost 5 pounds. It seems like it should be more, considering the foods I Haven't eaten in 22 days.

 
At 4:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah--gotta give you props for the fabulously blurred photo!

I enjoy Beard Papa's, too. I blogged about them recently as well. I like the crispy shell a lot, but do wish their filling stayed a little firmer or cooler . . . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery